Friday, August 5, 2011

Defining Who You Are with Personal Boundaries

Accustom yourself continually to make many acts of love, for they enkindle and melt the soul
- Saint Teresa of Avila
Personal boundaries has entered into my field recently.  What amazes me is that I wasn't awake to how little I set them or how hard it is for me to.  I see that I am not alone!  To me, boundaries is about acceptance and freedom to be truly and heartily you.   We all need to set boundaries for ourselves that can effect others.  The hardest part - is making sure that we follow through with them and they are more than our thoughts.  
I wanted to share with you what I have found. Joy 2 Me U website offers such goodness as below:
The difference between setting a boundary in a healthy way and manipulating is:  when we set a boundary we let go of the outcome.
It is impossible to have a healthy relationship with someone who has no boundaries, with someone who cannot communicate directly, and honestly.  Learning how to set boundaries is a necessary step in learning to be a friend to ourselves.  It is our responsibility to take care of ourselves - to protect ourselves when it is necessary.  It is impossible to learn to be Loving to ourselves without owning our self - and owning our rights and responsibilities as co-creators of our lives.

Learn steps on how to set boundaries below:

Here is one of my favs.....

I'd love to read your comments so please take the time to leave them.  
 
Namaste friends

No comments:

Post a Comment